General Snoring Info
Preventing snoring is actually easier than you may believe. Snoring can be prevented in a many ways, we’ll show you what does and doesn’t work.
Snoring is the 3rd biggest cause in the breakdown of marriages and it can severely effect sleep quality, it’s actually been known to be a leading cause of domestic violence. In many ways snoring is no laughing matter, despite what the media may project..
Regular snoring happens in 60% of men and 40% of women.
Snoring is often associated with the male gender but it’s a huge problem for females too.
As we get older we become more likely to snore due to basic physiological changes.
Your weight, the amount of alcohol you consume and the amount you smoke are also major factors.
Snoring effects many of us, for some it’s a pesky problem, others a source of humour and for some a leading cause in the breakdown of marriages and serious health issues.
But there is good news about stopping snoring. There are several things that can be done to stop snoring that actually work. These include:
There is some positive news as far as snoring is concerned however, there’s plenty you an to actually prevent the problem, some solutions are simpler than you may think.
- Change the way you live, be healthier, lose body fat, quit smoking and cut down on the drinking.
- MAD splints such as the SleepPro standard and SleepPro Custom device are mouthpieces that look like any sports mouthguard or gum-shield. By projecting your jaw forward slightly, opening your upper airways and tautening the soft palate tissue.
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure or MAD as it’s known can keep your airways open by pushing air through a tube, this has proven to be an effective but invasive method.
- Surgery has proven to be somewhat effective although there are some downsides such as the method of treatment and the daunting prospect of surgery, more info can be found here should you wish to pursue it. www.TheSnoringClinic.net
- Posture can play a part too but this isn’t really an answer to the problem.
What doesn’t work
Sadly there are plenty of snoring solutions that really don’t work, we advise that unless you want to waste your valuable time and money you should trust in solutions that have significant proof and scientific reasoning. Check out our “what works and what doesn’t” page for more info on these bogus treatments.
Snoring and Sleep Apnoea
Another issue to consider is that snoring is a symptom of a serious medical condition known as obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) which affects 4% of men and 2% of women. Note, in the USA apnoea is spelled apnea.
If you have OSA, then this can have the same affect on your body as being a heavy smoker.
People with OSA are three times more likely to have serious car accidents.
If you think you have sleep apnoea (apnea) then you should consult your doctor. The most commonly recommended treatment for OSA is CPAP. Mandibular advancement is often recommended for mild OSA.
Something you’ll also have to take in to account is that snoring is a symptom of a rather serious condition called obstructive Sleep Apnea or OSA as it’s often called. Treatments we’ve already mentioned such as CPAP treatment are often recommended. Our products are also recommended for mild cases of Sleep Apnea.
- 10 - 40 times cheaper than
dentally fitted devices
- Highly effective
- Easy to fit and adjustable
- Boil-and-bite technology
- 30 day money back guarantee
- 50% cheaper than our
- A custom mouthpiece
- Highly effective
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Perfect fit